Men's Bible Study
There are two Men's Bible study groups that meet for study and fellowship at FPC. They meet Mondays at 5:30 p.m. and Saturday mornings at 7:00 a.m. in the Peebles Parlor.
All women in the church are encouraged to join a circle. It is a good way to make friends and learn about the faith. Circles meet monthly during the school year for Bible study and fellowship. Check Sunday bulletins and church newsletters for event and study schedules.
- Morning Stars (Morning Circle) meets at 10:00 a.m. the first Tuesday of the month.
- Lunch-Hour Circle meets at 12:00 p.m. on the fourth Monday of the month. Members are invited to arrive early and visit with a bag lunch at noon.
- Evening Circle meets at 6:30 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the month in the Peebles Parlor.
- Circle of Faith meets at 7:00 p.m. on the last Tuesday of the month.
During the summer months, the women meet for dinner at local restaurants. Check the calendar or newsletter for details.
Adult Sunday School
First Presbyterian offers a variety of classes that help us to love God with all of our minds, as well as our hearts and souls. These classes provide the opportunity to grow in knowledge and faith while building relationships within our church family. Our adult class formats include topical discussions, book study, Bible commentary, and devotional teaching styles. These classes are for visitors, guests, and members. A variety of courses convene throughout the year. If you have not been involved in a class, or would like to try something new, there is something for everyone here! Classes meet each Sunday from 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
During the school year, the FPC family gathers for dinner from 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the Common Room. (You can call the church to make dinner reservations or you can just show up). Following the dinner, classes, choir rehearsals all meet.
Weekday Classes at FPC
On Tuesday mornings, Yoga class is offered at 9:00 a.m. in Harrison Hall (small fellowship hall downstairs). This class is free and childcare is available. No experience is required.
We have a strong music tradition and offer several choirs in which people of all ages and talents can participate.
- First Choir (Worship at 8:30)
- Chancel Choir (Worship at 11:00)
- Handbell Choir
- Friends in Fellowship: A social group usually composed of 40- & 50- somethings.
- Fun Seekers: An eclectic group of Boomers Plus who share a common interest in cultural events.